Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Corporate Accounting department is seeking a Financial Reporting Senior Accountant.
- Assist team with preparation of SEC filings, involving quarterly and annual financial reports, proxy statements, 401k statements, and other required disclosures.
- Assist with creating and maintaining financial reports and chart of accounts
- Assist with tagging SEC filings with XBRL
- Prepare various schedules and variance analysis to be used by management, the board of directors and independent auditors
- Prepare monthly/quarterly close schedules
- Perform controls around financial reporting
- Develop process improvements to increase efficiency
- Perform accounting research as needed
- Assist with various ad hoc projects
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA is preferred
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and communicate well with others;
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills; Proficient or advanced in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) is a plus
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace!