Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the BACON?\u201d Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax.
The Fixed Asset Accountant performs professional accounting work involving internal orders, fixed assets, capital spending reporting, and other general accounting duties. This is a professional mid-level accounting position requiring a solid understanding of the basic fundamentals and principles of accounting, the organization’s system, and the ability to handle most regular issues independently.Core Responsibilities
Fixed Asset Sub Ledger Transactions
- Close internal orders and create new fixed assets based on information provided by plant engineers.
- Record transfers and retirements of assets.
- Calculate any gain or loss on retirements.
- Calculate and post capitalized interest journal entry.
- Reconcile general ledger and fixed asset sub ledger.
- Send monthly reports to plants and ensure completion by the plant controllers/engineers.
- Create, release and assign budgets to internal orders.
- Run settlement program for all projects in place.
- Verify all orders are completely settled at month-end.
- Calculate and post journal entries as assigned.
- Prepare account reconciliations as assigned.
- Addresses accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with identifying and implementing finance/accounting department process improvements.
- Perform special requests and participate with projects/presentations, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting or related field and 2+ years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required..
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and business principles, including GAAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data with extreme accuracy required.
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Displays professionalism and integrity.
- High standards of accuracy and detail-oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Proactive and solution-oriented with the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits