MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the fleet providing the client's southern region services. This person reports to the General Manager, and under the guidance of MV's Director of Maintenance, coordinates and oversees all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance inspections and repairs. The overall mission of this position is to protect the fleet providing the client's services and maximize its useful life by ensuring it is well maintained pursuant to all OEM, client, and MV standards of safety, operation, and appearance.
The Maintenance Manager schedules and monitors all fleet, equipment, and facility maintenance activities - those performed both in house and those contracted to outside vendors. This person schedules all preventive maintenance inspections, coordinating with dispatch in order to maximize fleet availability; as such, must possess a strong understanding of service demand peaks. In addition, this person is accountable for adequate staffing and supervision, as well as for the performance of the maintenance team.
This position coordinates with equipment manufacturers regarding warranty issues and specialized training needs. The Maintenance Manager manages MV's relationship with vendors/suppliers for the provision of any outside repair work and ancillary services.
The Maintenance Manager works closely with the Director of Maintenance to ensure that all requested maintenance support resources are provided as needed.
This person will be present to supervise and monitor mechanics during all shifts. The Maintenance Manager supervises and monitors the daily workflow and assignments to ensure maximum fleet availability and utilization. This person maintains and records and documentation in compliance with agency requirements and state and local requirements.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of recent (within the last five (5) years) and relevant experience managing the maintenance functions of a transit bus maintenance shop similar in scope, size, and complexity and with same or similar type of transit vehicles/equipment.
- Must have experience managing/ directing 10 plus employees (fleet Technicians/Service Workers/Cleaners).
- Experience working with 50 + buses within the last year.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred.
- Must be able to manage and interface with client.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must be able to manage the financial/accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
- Must have technical competence with light/medium/heavy duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
- Technical experience with fixed route transit bus maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
- Experience with Diesel, CNG, and Alternative fuels a plus.
- Must have a CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsement.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.