We are seeking a Floor Director to support our Washington, D.C.-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
We are seeking qualified candidates who can handle direction well, but can also supervise a floor crew during a six-hour morning show. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, supervising floor crew, operating studio cameras, relaying cues to on-air talent, and setting up and tearing down for morning show segments. The floor director must have good communications skills, serving as a bridge between the studio and control room.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Assist in studio preparation prior to newscast for morning weekday and weekend newscasts
- Floor Direct during LIVE newscasts/production
- Maintain mics, IFBs, studio, printers, and other equipment as needed
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be a team player
- Must have flexible schedule that can be changed on short notice to cover for sick calls and vacations
- Must have reliable attendance and show up on time when scheduled
- Physical requirements:
- Standing for long intervals, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Using cameras inside and outside the studio
- Other duties as assigned
- Various hours in the morning generally between the hours of 3am-Noon
- Must be available to work any day of the week during this timeframe
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.