About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)