The Food Services Assistant – Dining is responsible for the setting and cleaning of dining services line, for serving Sisters and related work.
Part Time afternoon shift: 3:00 pm – 7:15 pm.
Includes working every other weekend and every other holiday.
Weekend shift differential $1.30/hour
Essential Specific Job Duties:
- Resets tables according to diagram and seating charts and sets up guest's tables as needed.
- Operates food temperature maintenance systems.
- Sets cold foods in buffet line according to procedure.
- Adds hostess service utensils to buffet line.
- Assists Sisters with menu selection, either by a written menu, walking with Sister, delivering special foods prepared in kitchen or makes food selections for Sisters who can not choose foods.
- Labels, dates and rotates prepared ingredients for cooks' use.
- Portions, packages and labels foods for weekly food orders.
- Operates dishwasher, loading and unloading and returning dishes to the proper location.
- Answers phone, relays messages, responds to written communication, and implements changes regarding dietary and menu needs.
- Unpacks refrigerated, frozen foods, dry storage and rotates stock.
- Greets Sisters by name and in a friendly fashion.
- Is aware of silence days and follows guidelines.
- Wipes down work area surfaces and carts, flushes drain and disposes of food trimmings according to procedure.
- Knows and follows recycling procedures.
- Reviews communication book daily to stay abreast of any changes.
- Prepares hot and cold beverages for service, e.g. hot water, coffees, juice, milk and maintains equipment sanitation.
- Operates toaster.
- Maintains appropriate levels of foods and supplies in service areas, and rotates stock, and reorders as necessary.
- Replaces cleaning chemicals in dishwasher and service areas.
- Follows guidelines for floor care, monthly cleaning and daily cleaning.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with guidelines for safety and sanitation.
- Performs all duties according to timelines and prioritizes work accordingly.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-services, and other required meetings.
- Serves as a positive role model for the organization by utilizing effective communication and encouraging teamwork through collaborative and cooperative interactions with all employees, departments and administration.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Paid time off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Click Apply Now!