Do you have interest in the forage industry? Do you have a background in agriculture? Are you a creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas? Do you have skills in assertiveness, detail-orientation & organization as well as a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism? If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing animal feed ingredients. Join us and grow your career with Wilbur-Ellis – a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Wilbur Ellis Company Nutrition Division is seeking a driven professional to create, develop, and execute marketing plans for our El Centro office. We need someone to purchase the right forage product for the right price and cultivate strong relationships with suppliers and customers. The ideal candidate has a love of Agriculture and outstanding procurement, sales, and customer service skills. The forage team is a high-energy one, whose members’ longevity speaks to our positive work environment. Join us and enjoy a challenging career with lots of opportunities to grow a business, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and the inherent benefits of working for a strong and profitable industry leader.
Key skills and Abilities include:
- A degree in Agriculture and/or equivalent experience in forage or agricultural operations
- Background in Agriculture – good knowledge of farming operations plus 2-3 years of experience working with producers or farmers in a business relationship capacity
- Experience purchasing or selling agricultural products or commodities would be an asset
- Travel availability: for overnight business travel, to include occasional travel by air and possibly international travel
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Self-disciplined & motivated; strong negotiation & relationship-building skills
- An outgoing, positive approach to business, a “can do” attitude with a high level of integrity
- Strong will to succeed – a creative thinker who can build a business and has the ability to make cold calls and deal with rejection
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Cultivate relationships with existing and new growers and suppliers
- Purchase forage products for our El Centro facility
- Actively promote and assist in marketing forage products for export sales to the Asian Dairy market.
- Develop and Market forage products to the domestic North American Dairy, Beef, and Equine Markets
- An integral member of the quality control team in charge of continuous monitoring/inspecting of product quality throughout the year
- Manage local farming projects – including inputs, farming operations, and transportation
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.','EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription':'Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities',
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)