Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers.
The role reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The Forklift Driver must be able to perform these functions in a manner that does not compromise their safety or the safety of coworkers.
- The Forklift Driver must be able to perform these task for a minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- If an employee is unable to perform these essential functions it is their responsibility to bring this to the attention of their supervisor, manager, or Human Resource Manager. In these situations, ABB will discuss and attempt to provide any reasonable accommodations that may be available.
- Production Lamination: Dies, Place sleeves on the forks when transporting all dies without feet.
- Take dies to Toolroom from dirty racks and for repair or changeover.
- Stage dies from Toolroom or bring to press if holding press.
- Taking lamination to furnace: Remove lamination from progressive and cell staging area.
- Place with like laminations in furnace area.
- Remove scrap laminations if necessary.
- Empty Hoppers: All scrap hoppers in lamination.
- All trash hoppers in lamination.
- Grossman Hoppers: Under Prabb Chute let them fill to capacity, but not too full.
- Take outside with Bigfoot when full and replace with an empty Grossman hopper.
- Floor Supplies: Pallets: keep all locations in department full, keep extras inside out of the weather and unload pallet truck when it comes in.
- Plywood: keep all locations full and bring it in from the furnace area.
- Lubricant: unload full containers off of truck and load empties on the truck, set full container up at mixer when needed and remove empty one prior to.
- Clean Up:Take any lamination in staging areas to the furnace
- Empty all scrap and trash hoppers.
- Check Grossman hoppers at Prabb area and remove if necessary and replace with empty hopper.
- Will be required to be certified on forklift every 3 years.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work different shifts for overtime, as needed.
- Ability to understand and follow all ABB safety policies, safety training and hazard communication information. This includes but is not limited to wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, cut resistant gloves, and safety sleeves when required.
- Lift and or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be self-motivated and at times work independently and be able to effectively communicate information to supervisors, managers, tool room personnel and coworkers.
- Frequently grip with hands, turn, push, and bend, along with occasional reaching above shoulder level, pulling and handle cranking.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to keep up with the demanding pace of production in a hot and cold environment.
- Possess the dexterity and hand-eye coordination to operate various forklifts and other equipment to complete a variety of complex task. Equipment includes but is not limited to: forklift, Bigfoot, electric and manual pallet jacks, and controls with buttons.
- Ability to inspect and ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to operating.
- Ability to obtain forklift operator license.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions. Ability to understand production orders, schedules, and special instructions related to your task and complete inspections as required.
- Ability to maintain regular work attendance, including arriving at work on time and remaining at work until the end of the schedules work day.
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime, including overtime on short notice.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.