What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Kinray Warehouse operations span several buildings and floors within the buildings. Warehouse Associates will be required to perform job tasks in any area or multiple areas and floors of the distribution center complex such as pick-up, drop-off and/or move product between buildings, work areas and between floors.
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, and/or operating materials handling equipment.
- Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires physical exertion including, but not limited to: bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, hand unloading product, stretch wrapping pallets of product etc.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
- Requires going up and down stairs.
- Requires utilizing personal protective equipment (P.P.E.).
- Requires wearing a wrist scanner (wharf gun).
- Requires operating a Power Industrial Truck (PIT) to include pallet jacks, sit down forklifts, reach trucks and other forms of equipment necessary to perform duties such as: unloading freight, stock put away, order picking, loading and unloading trailers.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Good written communication skills
- 1-2 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Able to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Must be versatile, flexible, and a willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods preferred.
- Power Industrial Truck (PIT) experience REQUIRED , certification a plus.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- Operates a Power Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Picks, packs, and ships product to customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs quality inspections on incoming and outgoing products.
- Moves incoming and outgoing product pallets, cases, boxes and pieces to designated areas utilizing appropriate materials handling equipment.
- Sorts and stocks items on racks, shelves, bins, mechanical machines according to predetermined inventory procedures.
- Processes returned merchandise.
- Stages and loads orders onto delivery vehicles.
- Conducts physical inventory counts and replenishes stock from back-up locations as needed.
- Works overtime hours as required.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance; reports for work as scheduled every shift including weekends as per work assignment or volunteer commitment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.