Are you a driven and motivated business management professional who thrives in working in a faced paced environment, collaborating with great teams, sharing new ideas, and diving into analytics to seek out opportunities to grow the business? Then join one of the country’s top fresh protein and consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have built a culture that places enormous value on each individual, our animals, the environment and the communities we all share. Smithfield Foods and the Business Management teams are evolving rapidly and looking for impactful self-starter business management professionals!
The Fresh Pricing Manager is responsible for pricing analysis and feedback for fresh pork in order to maximize selling prices and profitability. Provides analysis to determine optimal price levels in accordance with availability, volume and profitability objectives. Key point of contact with sales to provide price quotes on turn business, feature business and frozen inventory.Core Responsibilities
- Secure pricing quotes and exchange feedback on market pricing
- Product positioning and pricing for assigned area of accountability
- Collect market intelligence and provide feedback on out front pricing
- Provide pricing quotes for ongoing business, ad programs and frozen packages.
- Collaborate with sales team to create inventory sell sheets to drive movement of frozen product
- Perform Agristats pricing analysis of our pricing relative to industry/competitor pricing
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Must understand the dynamics of the fresh pork business and have sufficient knowledge of different pork products.
- Possess a solid understanding of marketing principles, personnel management and communication.
- Effective critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers and executive leadership, via written and/or verbal communication.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits