DoubleTree Seattle Airport is looking for a Full-Time Front Desk Agent to join their amazing team!
Great working environment and plenty of options to move up within the hotel and company.
Full availability to work varying shifts weekdays, weekends, & holidays (including overnight).
The position includes Competitive Wages ($15.48 per hour introductory; $17.20 per hour full) + Great Benefits + Travel Discounts + and More!
We were rated #1 out of 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 by Fortune Magazine.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Service Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel . Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Specifically, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Promotes and administers Hilton Marketing
Programs such as Hilton Honors, for arriving guests. Ensures guest knows location of room, and arranges for team member to accompany guest to room. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, tokens of our appreciation, gifts, etc. to guest.
- Ensure rooms and services are correctly accounted for within guest statement. Properly accounts for services provided by the hotel.. Assists guest with check out payments or charges. Accepts and records vouchers, credit, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
- Promptly answers the telephone and email inquiries. Inputs messages into the computer and advises other team members of special guest needs. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, packages and facsimiles or other special items for customers as requested.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required
4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience is required. Hotel front desk experience and/or other hospitality industry experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Guest Service Agents serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Calm, efficient, and organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude when working with a Guest
- Professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competent level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in cash handling
- Front Office/Concierge experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or entertainment sectors
- Conflict resolution experience
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
- Customer Focus