Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 20 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a career opening for a Full Stack Web Developer.
Cardinal Health is seeking an Full Stack Web Developer. This role will help deliver features, functions and new capabilities on our eCommerce platform. The platform is the #1 form of engagement for customers of Cardinal health and consists of ordering, digital marketing, reporting and mobile capabilities. This Full Stack Developer will be a part of a digital transformation and modernized customer experience journey at Cardinal Health. Part of this journey includes the maturation of DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline automation and Cloud native processes and technologies.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
- Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies such as Java/J2EE, SpringBoot and Angular.
- Development experience in an API and Microservice driven architecture.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Apigee, AEM and IBM WebSphere products.
- Experience with Cloud native technology and processes, including CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies like Concourse.
- 4+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.