JD: Functional Analyst
Location: Bellevue/ Redmond/ Seattle - WA
• Analyze current BI environment / data warehouse implementations, understand business / functional requirements and translate into technical specifications
• Interact with Architects, Program Managers, Business stakeholders, Data Analysts and Data Engineers to baseline technical requirements
• Develop project roadmap to implement functional / technical requirements
• Interface with project leads and business analysts to define functional and technical requirements
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Coordinate with Data Modeler, Data Integration Engineers and AAS Developers to ensure end solution meets requirements
• Coordinate Testing across all layers of the architecture
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
• Ability to facilitate communication between technical and business stakeholders to ensure functional requirements and technical implementation considerations are understood and accepted.
• Present functional specifications and seek stakeholder approval.
• Practical experience in data mining and analysis tools with intermediate to advanced query skills (ex. MS SQL, Synapse Analytics, Data Explorer, Cosmos, Hive, MR, RedShift, Snowflake, MySQL).
• Ability to learn quickly and identify opportunities for improvement.
• 8-10 years’ experience as a Functional Analyst / Data Analyst especially in BI / Datawarehouse implementation engagements
• 8-10 years of experience in ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, etc.
• Experience in working with large datasets on variety of platforms such as ADLS (Parquet, AVRO, Delta formats), SQL etc.
• Experience with creating and maintaining technical design specifications that are consumed by development/engineering teams as a guide for implementation.
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication / inter-personal skills
• Sever as a consultant through the lifecycle of the project and facilitate resolution of any issues/open items by getting relevant teams involved.