“SGSis the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certificationcompany. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 officesand laboratories around the world."
- Review, schedule and prioritize workload.
- Sign out samples, prepare samples and calibration standards.
- Maintain specific consistent records of observations and work completed.
- Follow and adhere to QA/QC procedures.
- Follow SOPs and perform work consistently and thoroughly and document any procedural changes or modifications.
- Recognize variances from normal procedures address them and bring any discrepancies to supervisor.
- Attends data integrity training and signs off acknowledging understanding.
- Ensures cleanliness of work area.
- Responsible for the timely response to all e-mail, voicemail, verbal and written requests.
- Prepares samples following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Submits raw data audits and other requests on a timely basis.
- Operates within the guiding principles of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understands and always adheres to all aspects of the safety program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or a related science or Associates degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or a related science and three years of industry experience.
Basic laboratory knowledge. Prior exposure to some laboratory equipment.
Attributes: positive attitude, problem solver, team oriented, client focused, strong ethics, ability to multi-task.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for up to 4 hours at a time. Requires use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation to effectively handle delicate samples, equipment and/or small tools. Ability to perform repetitive movements. Requires ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 30 pounds occasionally. Requires bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching in all directions. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
"SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics."
"This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel action”.