We are looking for an established GIS Manager who is familiar with Verizon One fiber and NED Program, as well as advance familiarity with 3GIS and ArcMap.
The manager - Outside Plant Engineering leads an OSP design work group to complete the design of complex OSPE projects. This requires a broad knowledge of outside plant design practices and standards for aerial, buried and underground for both copper and fiber facilities. Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills are also a must for this position. Also required is a familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and Microsoft Office software.
Candidates with related telecommunications experience in Outside Plant Construction, Network Planning, Project Management, and etc. may also be considered for this position.
• Oversee the design of Outside Plant Fiber Network To The Home (FTTH), FTTC, FTTx, to a fully constructible job package and maintain the highest standard of deliverables quality.
• Manage the production of efficient designs for new developments, network construction, and network upgrades.
• Meet or exceed client delivery schedules.
• Establish positive relationships with local customer representatives and third-parties and ensure efficient processes are in place.
• Support finance metric development, reporting and dashboard reporting.
• Performs billing forecasting, business profitability, and billing initiatives.
• Oversee’s quality of fielding and drafting.
• Responsible for accurate permit submission and tracking to issue, receive, and account for project permits.
• Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with large volumes of projects driven by dynamic customer needs.