General Manager, Pharma Services
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The General Manager, Pharma Services will establish the vision for scaling Quest Diagnostics efforts in Pharma & In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Services industry. This role is responsible for integrating and maximizing several of Quest’s established and emerging businesses to grow revenue and enable its customers to optimize their business which will ultimately leading to improved access to innovation and improved patient care.
This scope of the role includes:
• Leading Quest Diagnostics Companion Dx business, supporting all clinical franchises with a focus on Rare Diseases
• Leading Quest Diagnostics IVD & Specialty Clinical Trials business
• Manage strategic relationships with key customer accounts & partners
• Growing drug development Dx opportunities
• Partner with and support Quests Data Diagnostics Business to deliver revenue through the pharma services.
• Build product & service offerings to increase addressable market with Pharma, CRO, Central Labs, & IVD companies
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish vision for the organization to drive profitable growth. Key elements include partnering with pharma and IVD companies to support CDx development, launch and growth; leveraging Quest assets including Patient Services Centers, Pathology Services, Mobile Phlebotomy, data to help pharma and IVD companies increase their speed to market
• Utilize VOC and influence skills to inform prioritization, development of new solutions/products/technologies and/or improvements in existing processes/products which are required to attain market leadership.
• Leverage Quest’s global business for additional growth
• Create compelling and financially strong business cases and gain leadership support to secure additional investments as opportunities emerge
• Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in collaboration with Commercial organization and cross functional partners
• Lead a team of 10 direct reports and engage and drive results through extended cross functional team. Lead, coach and develop the team, holding everyone accountable for high performance and ensuring that the franchise has a pipeline of future talent
• Manage expense budget to maximize ROI
Key Performance Metrics
• Achieve revenue, volume, and margin targets in Pharma Services (AOP) and other business/franchises (i.e. Data Diagnostics, Global, Cardio franchise) with aligned metrics
• Develop a 3-year strategic plan and build required capabilities to achieve plan by solid business case development to securing additional investment
• Build and/or develop a high performing team inclusive of key cross functional partners
• Manage discretionary spend, including spend required for promotional tactics the support the growth of Pharma & IVD Services
• Ph.D. and/or MBA with equivalent leadership and technical experience
• 10 years increasing responsibility in product development, strategic marketing, or healthcare/life science management
• Ideal candidate would have previous GM experience with P&L accountability and experience in a startup setting
• Strong experience with data diagnostics
• Experience in at least one of the following industries: Clinical Laboratory, IVD manufacture, medical device, pharmaceutics (specifically drug development and commercialization) or CRO (Clinical Research Organization) Ideal candidate would have multiple experiences in all of the areas above
• Experience with Global markets is preferred
• Clear understanding of market development and bringing new solutions to market (demonstrated track record)
• Demonstrated ability to drive value through external facing management of potential partners and stakeholders
• Understanding of the healthcare delivery system
• Ability to commercialize science in the lab testing segment of healthcare
• Experience in evaluating and integrating M&A activity
• Demonstrated strategic thinker
• Promote Strategic Alignment: Highly collaborative: Matrix organization requires creation of a compelling vision and significant efforts to secure commitment
• Dealing with ambiguity: thrives in less established role/ ambiguity; elements of the role are yet to be created, requiring a combination of visionary skills and ability to drive tactical execution to meet full needs of the role
• Excellent communication skills: Given the complexities of the oncology space and the nascent state of this part of Quest’s business, building internal understanding and support is critical to success of the role
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment: deep influence, collaboration, and strong leadership skills (EQ/communications skills, contracting skills)
• Talent development and performance management: willing to delegate, hold team accountable and build an empowered, high-performing organization
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.