Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Group, Meeting, and Event (GM&E) Support Manager, you will advance the global group distribution strategy by driving cross-functional alignment in support of Hilton's direct book platform. You will lead communication around the distribution strategy and product deliveries and ensure that the work conducted by the cross-functional teams is well-coordinated and aligned with direct book platform timelines. Also, you will ensure project plans, and goals are achieved; manage and escalate risks and issues related to scope, timeline or cost; and update business leaders and stakeholders on project progress.
This role is responsible for the delivery of core projects among the global sales and commercial organizations, marketing, dedication, and communications groups, and will require positive relationships within a matrixed organization. You should be knowledgeable in Group, Meeting, and Event experience, understand the overarching strategy, while executing a global alignment plan.
More specifically, you will:
- Intimately understand the direct book product delivery scope, timeline, and strategy in order to uncover downstream business implications that require a change.
- Coordinate with other departments and key partners on deployment planning/execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities required as a result of Hilton's direct book capabilities. This includes partnering cross-functionally with project partners to provide a strategic and tactical alliance to effectively drive project delivery.
- Develop and manage project plans for business activation of Hilton's direct book channel and capabilities.
- Identify areas across the business that require communications and change management. This involves working closely with partners to ensure those requirements are coordinated into the overarching change management, communications, and learning & development plans.
- Resolve or escalate issues that impact the project schedules. This includes working with partners, internal leads, and third-party Project Managers to achieve goals and mitigate risks. We need you to facilitate the process to set priorities when challenging objectives exist.
- Produce progress reports and other key partner updates as required and by agreed cadence to ensure information is consistent, accurate and timely.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Outstanding organizational skills, including planning, superb attention to detail, and results focus
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Works efficiently, accurately, both independently and in a team; leads the independent work of other team members as appropriate. This includes the ability to recognize the need for involvement of other teams/peers and capability to effectively facilitate collaboration.
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Self-motivation skills allow you to take the initiative in identifying, prioritizing and implementing tasks with a personal dedication to succeed
- Collaborates effectively and forms positive partnerships on large scale projects with team members in groups and levels across a matrixed organization; ability to influence partners and maintain positive relationships across multiple levels of the organization
- Multi-tasker, who handles multiple projects and priorities with a cool head under time constraints to effectively balance concurrent demands
- Committed self-starters and accountable individuals, who take the initiative in implementing goals, meeting deadlines, and recommending improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) years of business or project management experience
- Three (3) years of sales, distribution or process-related experience
- Two (2) years of experience with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
- Two (2) years of working in a collaborative, fast-paced, and matrixed environment
- Travel - up to 20% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of consulting experience
- Two (2) years of managerial experience
- Two (2) years of GM&E experience
- Two (2) years of experience within the hospitality or travel industry
- PMP certification
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!