There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to as quickly as possible.
Ft. Myers, Florida.
AmeriPath is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics and is a leading national provider of anatomic pathology, molecular diagnostic and healthcare information services for the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions. AmeriPath has highly trained, board-certified pathologists and Ph.D. level scientists providing services to physicians, hospitals, clinical laboratories and ambulatory surgery centers across the United States. AmeriPath Florida is currently seeking candidates for the position of AP/CP Pathologist with expertise in GU pathology for our AmeriPath Florida laboratory in Ft. Myers, FL. This is a hospital based pathology position.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities as listed in CLIA ‘88 (42 C.F.R. §493.1495). Additional responsibilities may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
2. Fulfill the responsibilities that have been reapportioned by the Laboratory/Medical Director as detailed in CLIA ’88 (42 CFR §493.1407). Additional responsibilities may be defined by applicable laws and regulations.
3. Perform review of anatomic pathology patient samples and quality control and assurance documents.
4. Perform review of clinical pathology results and quality control and assurance documents.
5. Participate in departmental professional Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities, e.g. Pathologist Competency Assessment Program.
6. Regularly interact with potential and existing clients by phone and/or face-to-face meetings to improve customer satisfaction as part of the sales, account relation and business development processes and to convey the Values, Vision and Mission of Quest Diagnostics.
7. Comply with all Quest Diagnostics policies including but not limited to the following:
a. Observe all policies in “Your Compliance Policy Handbook”
b. Obtain the minimum Continuing Medical Education credits as required by current policy entitled “Professional Benefits/Continuing Education Policy For Physicians”
c. Adhere to existing and new Standard Operating Procedures and
Policies as issued by the Best Practice Teams and local business unit, including
any standards that exceed the minimum requirements of federal, state and local
laws and regulations.
d. Assist Quest Diagnostics in assuring that applicable Quest Diagnostics policies as well as federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations concerning health and safety are met.
8. Cooperate with other Quest Diagnostics initiatives and programs that may arise from time to time such as the following:
a. Serve on Quest Diagnostics’ Best Practice Teams, Six Sigma Teams or other specific committees and to participate in and/or direct special projects to meet the professional and business goals of Quest Diagnostics.
b. Maintain timely contact with pathologists and other physicians and scientists, to be responsive to their needs, and to respond in a timely manner to their requests for consultation concerning test methodology and clinical correlation of Quest Diagnostics testing services.
c. Assist in any special project such as test method validation, reference range standardization, safety and quality assurance, and continuing education for employees
d. Assist Quest Diagnostics in professional liaison with professional societies concerned with clinical laboratory medicine. This includes professional medical associations, governmental agencies, and other
5. Regulatory bodies concerned with the nature and scope of clinical laboratory business.
6. Cooperate in the client support (both internal and external) of the laboratory by consulting with existing and potential external clients regarding services to be provided.
7. Assist Quest Diagnostics in assuring that all publications and promotional literature distributed by marketing and sales is clinically relevant, accurate and up-to-date.
8. Oversee and assure the quality of professional performance of subordinate pathologists, and to institute appropriate quality assurance review practices to monitor professional performance.
MD with AP/CP Board Certification
Possess or be eligible for an unrestricted FL medical license.
Sub-specialty fellowship training in GU pathology is preferred.
Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Personal adaptability and ability to lead change.
Passion for patient care and services.
Strong presentation, public relations and communications skills.
Ability to develop relationships
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Strength in responding to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitively based salary.
Competitive vacation and CME benefits.
Health Insurance Programs.
401(k) & fully vested company matching contributions (5%).
Life / Disability Insurance.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.] All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation /