SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Provide GC technical support for the OGC Deer Park facility. Repair, service, and maintain the GC to ensure optimal operating conditions. Coordinate and communicate with vendors on GC related effort.
- Provide technical GC support for instrumentation, and methodology.
- Investigate, service and maintain GC instrument to ensure optimal performance.
- Setup, develop, and commission GC instruments with the assistance of local lab management.
- Train personnel to effectively operate and maintain the GC instruments and methods
- Support GC related systems and software
- Coordinate and work with vendors and client on GC efforts.
- Works closely with the Trader Group field, operations coordinators and other laboratory personnel to understand the needs of each in order to facilitate an efficient and value-added process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent work experience in a Laboratory setting supervising staff required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with GC and/or GCMS instruments required.
- Position requires individual to have a flexible schedule, to work shifts; which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, week-end / holiday), to meet business commitments.
- Must have clean driving records and maintain a valid drivers’ license, at all times.
- Must be able to work on numerous activities at once and be able to work effectively under pressure
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels and instructions.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weight up to 50 pounds; climb, bend, reach, without restriction.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.