KOMO-TV (ABC) in Seattle is looking for an on-air news reporter with the skills and commitment to excel in one of the nation’s best local news markets. We want someone who can own the big story, with a focus on enterprise reporting that holds the powerful accountable and serves our viewers by being their voice. You must be a strong storyteller who can craft a great piece, but also deliver a compelling live shot. And you must demonstrate a daily commitment to breaking stories on social and digital as well as on-air. The best person for this job has a can-do attitude and a passion for the kind of daily reporting that’s relevant and impactful.
DUTIES OF THIS JOB INCLUDE:
- Enterprising, planning and delivering original stories with depth and unique angles.
- Coordinating multiple stories and projects at once, managing time and meeting daily deadlines.
- Working with news managers/producers to deliver great reporting and content on daily assignments.
- Contributing images, videos and text updates to social/digital platforms throughout the day.
- Developing community contacts and sources who can help you break meaningful, exclusive stories.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 2+ to 5 years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- College degree in Journalism or related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.