Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the floors in sanitary and safe condition in whatever department or departments assigned. The outline of all the specific job requirements and essential duties are listed below.Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining production floors, hallways, coolers, under and around equipment, and any ancillary areas assigned in sanitary condition at all times. This must be done without contacting production equipment in order to maintain food safety standards.
- Floor clean-up training required.
- GMP’s must be followed at all times.
- Responsible for following all food safety, safety, and environmental policies at all times.
- Responsible for removing and dumping trash cans.
- Responsible for transporting and dumping inedible and liquid waste barrels.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of condensation in the production areas as needed.
- Responsible for picking up and removing product from the production floor and placing in meat wash sinks without cross contaminating to be reconditioned.
- Must be trained in proper meat washing procedure and procedure must be followed correctly at all times to ensure no co-mingling of product.
- Responsible for opening inedible packages, changing out and dumping inedible totes, and changing out inedible combos.
- Responsible for recycling cardboard, plastic, and any other items designated for collection.
- Responsible for segregation of trash items to support Sioux City Zero landfill initiatives.
- Responsible for following 6S initiatives and ensuring all tools \u2013 squeegees, shovels, mops, hooks, dust pans, etc. are returned to shadow boards when not in use.
- Responsible to eliminate and slip, trip, or fall hazards noted on the production floor.
- Any other items on the production floor
- Responsible for squeegeeing floors, shoveling up trash and waste, and removing puddled water or brine.
- Requires occasional heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds. Must request assistance when needed for heavy items so Team Lifting can be utilized.
- Complete all assigned tasks, meet all goals, and do so with a good attitude.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general instructions.
Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is medium. When the employee is required to perform duties in the production area, the employee will be continuously exposed to temperatures ranging from 35 \u2013 90 degrees. The noise level in the work environment is sufficient to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Personal Protective Equipment is required.EEO/AA Information
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits