A General Manager with Hilton is responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd hotel in North Charleston, SC, near Charleston Southern University and Trident Medical Center. Explore historic sites, Southern cooking and golf courses near our beautiful hotel. We are conveniently located near local businesses such as Boeing, DuPont, Nexan, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain and Joint Base/Charleston Naval Weapon Station/SPAWAR. Ask us about our Charleston hotel cruise packages that include transportation to and from the Port of Charleston, along with free parking.
Experience Charleston Harbor on a scenic cruise or discover Historic Charleston on a carriage ride. Tour the USS Yorktown and Patriot's Point Naval and Maritime Museum. Visit Mepkin Abbey, Cypress Gardens or the Edmonton-Alston House, one of the stately antebellum homes in historic Battery Park. Spend a day at Wannamaker County Park and Whirlin' Waters Adventure Park, play golf at the Golf Club at Wescott Plantation, or shop at nearby Tanger Outlets.
Relish Hampton's free hot breakfast, or pick up a free Hampton On the Run™ Breakfast Bag. We offer free WiFi and a 24-hour business center. At the end of the day, sink into your clean and fresh Hampton bed® for a good night's sleep.
Hampton Inn & Suites-University Boulevard is your home away from home. Experience the warm atmosphere and friendly staff at our hotel in North Charleston, South Carolina.
Near Charleston Southern University and Trident Medical Center
Close to Joint Base/Charleston Naval Weapon Station/SPAWAR
North Charleston hotel close to Goose Creek and Summerville
Meeting and event space for up to 50 people
Transportation to the Port of Charleston with Charleston, SC hotel special offers
115 guest rooms, accessible rooms available
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the excutive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
Minimum 3 years of Hotel Management experience
Local Market expertise
Hilton Brand experience
Since being founded in 1919, HiltonWorldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, HiltonWorldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continuedleadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision,Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
HHospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
IIntegrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
LLeadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
TTeamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
OOwnership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
NNow - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending uponeligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly haveaccess to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family TravelProgram, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for youand your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by HiltonWorldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide'sHealth & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwidealso offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as EmployeeAssistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewingwith you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offeredto most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed maynot be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description orofficial plan document.