SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
This position is accountable for all aspects of the operations and financial performance of the West Chester, PA Life Science Services (LSS) laboratory including financial P&L, operations, revenue generation, and service excellence.
Theservices provided by SGS West Chester are primarily focused in the applicationof mass spectrometry and associated techniques to the analysis of all types ofbiopolymer including protein, carbohydrate and nucleic acid. The facility isfully GMP and is part of SGS’s integrated network of Life Science laboratoriesacross North America.
- Accountable for achieving the KPIs and objectives established for you by the VP, U.S. LSS
- Ensure services are performed in accord with federal and local regulations
- Accountable for the delivery of product test data to achieve Client Satisfaction by maintaining production and specified turnaround targets
- Monitors production of each department and ensures optimum staff levels/shifts to achieve SGS standards for production, quality and financial performance
- Reports turnaround times in monthly reports, manages to goal of 100% on time delivery
- Monitors people-hours and approves overtime accordingly, adding additional stuff where workload and financial performance can support it
- Monitors and reports weekly projection status (#samples processed/personnel).
- Maintains production targets and takes proactive measures to sustain these targets
- Meet with customers to determine opportunities
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the company to the clients
- Lead team to a zero recordable and near-miss incident approach