General Manager - Operations Leadership Program
MV Transportation is the leading provider of paratransit services and the largest privately-owned passenger transportation contracting ﬁrm in the United States. We provide safe, reliable, and affordable transportation services, partnering with over 200 city and county government transit agencies, school districts, universities, and corporations. In addition to paratransit, the company offers fixed route, campus and corporate shuttle, and student transportation services.
MV provides freedom for over 110 million passengers each year across 30 states and Canada with a team of more than 20,000 dedicated transit professionals.
MV Transportation is seeking a General Manager Trainee who will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
- Must have minimum BS/BA degree with an MBA preferred.
- Must have a minimum five (5) to 10 years of Operations Management and leadership experience including P&L responsibility.
- Experience successfully leading operations, developing world class teams and P&L responsibility between $50-100M.
Other Key Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to developing team members.
- Embrace a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated drive for results.
- Relocatable to one of our open Divisions.
- Great PC and report development skills (e.g.: MS Office).
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.