MV Transportation has been closely following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for personal protection equipment (PPE), which now includes gloves and hand sanitizer in our divisions. Our Procurement team was able to secure an order for more than a half-million masks and other personal protection equipment, which have been sent to our divisions. MV Transportation as a company remains strong and we will be well-positioned to move forward even during these trying times. The safety and well-being of our employees and the passengers we serve remains our #1 priority!
The General Manager is the daily operational liaison between MV and the client. This person must embody the spirit of the client and work in partnership with the client, the local team, MV's corporate support personnel, and the riding community to realize the mission and vision of the client.
MV's General Manager is responsible for the safe and high quality operation of the transit system. This responsibility encompasses all efforts defined within the scope of work, including safety, training, maintenance, personnel oversight, operating performance, data collection, reporting, community relations, budgeting, accounting and finance, adherence to policy and procedure, and more.
It is of utmost importance that the General Manager and the client representatives have a productive and meaningful working relationship. As such, MV will accommodate the client's requests relating to personnel changes pursuant to this contract.
MV's General Manager will meet with the client's staff often to provide updates on service quality, performance numbers, possible trends, and/or other statistics requested. In order to improve the ongoing education and training of its management team, MV requests that General Managers attend periodic conference calls, training sessions, as well as regional and national meetings hosted by MV's support team.
The General Manager reports to the Regional Vice President of Operations.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
- College degree or equivalent business management experience.
- Management experience required.
- Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.