Genetics Director – Blueprint Genetics - Seattle, WA
This is an exciting opportunity to provide world-class genetic diagnostics and clinical interpretation for rare inherited diseases in 14 medical specialties. Our promise is to provide clinicians and their patients with comprehensive and high-quality tools and resources for diagnosis of genetic conditions. In doing so, we provide possibilities for targeted treatment and individualized care for patients. The Assistant Laboratory Director is responsible for the review and release of clinical result reports from Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) and NGS-based panels. The assistant director will assist with regulatory tasks for the laboratory facility as needed. Additional tasks include assisting with the training and continuing education of the interpretation team as well as developing educational material for marketing purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews and releases result reports, ensuring a high standard of quality and timely processing.
• Informs the Director of all complaints concerning the validity of test results, turnaround times, and the like.
• Performs quality control for NGS data
• Assists with laboratory regulatory tasks as needed.
• Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
• Active participation in continuing education series including journal club presentations, assay launch presentations, and complex variant discussions/presentations.
• Represents Blueprint Genetics at national and international conferences.
• Develops and presents educational content, such as webinars, for marketing purposes.
• Travel up to 25% of time
• Doctoral degree (MD, PhD) in medical specialty, or related science
• ABMGG certification in good standing in clinical molecular genetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG).
• Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience in a CAP/CLIA laboratory
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and curate pertinent data findings in a clear and detail-oriented manner.
• Preferred NY certificate of qualification or equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work individually and in team-based setting
• Attention to detail
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of business, medical, and technical personnel.
• Thorough knowledge of technical aspects of all tests performed and equipment utilized in the discipline for which he/she is responsible.
• Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.