Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Genetics Director you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
This on-site position is based at our Marlborough, MA location.
Genetics Director – the role:
The Director, Genetics (Licensed) is responsible for providing technical interpretation of genetics test results, signing reports, providing consultations with physicians regarding technical aspects of assays, implementing new assays, assay troubleshooting, participation in QA responsibilities, providing technical support to operations staff, and reviewing and approval of SOPs. This position requires knowledge of all areas of molecular genomics, with a primary focus on exome sequencing for rare disease and population-based health screening. The Genetics Director reports to either the Chief Director, Senior Scientific Director, or Medical Director as appropriate and may assume Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director.
• Interpret results of clinical genetic testing, with an emphasis spanning rare disease diagnostics and population health-screening
• Assist in assay troubleshooting and implementation of new assays.
• Monitor compliance with regards to a safe working environment.
• Assist, as needed, in the training of technologists.
• Observe compliance with regulatory agencies, including inspections.
• Monitor of quality assurance at all levels of practice.
• Participate in working groups of related or associated professional societies and regulatory agencies.
• Represent Quest Diagnostics at professional meetings and sales functions.
• Technical consultation with operations staff.
• Address inquiries/technical (clinical when appropriate) support questions from health care professionals for all pharmacogenomics test offerings.
• When delegated, respond to inquiries from HCPs, provide lectures, lead discussion groups, and to educate physicians, other health care professionals, and the sales team (via phone, internet and other means), using relevant approved materials about pharmacogenomics and therapeutic areas relevant to the company’s test.
• Assist with writing or providing educational materials as pertains to rare disease testing, in coordination with the Medical liaison designee.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• MD, Ph.D, or equivalent.
• Board certified in appropriate genetic subspecialty by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics, or equivalent certification.
• State Licensure, if appropriate. NYS licensing preferred.
• 1-3 years related experience in molecular genetics with technical command of next generation sequencing (NGS) technology; preference given to those applicants with NGS experience where custom automated liquid handling platforms have been used.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate good decision-making and organizational skills.
• The capability of being continuously updated in the literature with regards to the medical applications of genetics and genomics.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.