Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Genomics Scientist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
This on-site position is based at our Marlborough, MA location.
Genomics Scientist – the role:
The Genomics Scientist prepares, conducts, and records complex bench level molecular biology/genetics experiments. This professional prepares analyses and summaries of results as related to product and process development improvement. Activities may be focused on individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex experiments within a specific product or technology area.
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures, or innovates to develop new protocols for new technologies. Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to peer scientists.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives, and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
- Effectively applies advanced genomics methods and technologies with appropriate data science tools.
- Contributes ideas for new product development, typically within existing markets.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Requires at least 6 years of experience in genomics and significant demonstration of capabilities for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree, at least 4 years of relevant genomics experience with a Master's degree, or a Ph.D. with a thesis leveraging genomic technologies.
- Next generation sequencing experience required, with third generation sequencing technologies a plus.
- Automated liquid handling experience is highly desirable.
- Hamilton programming experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Linux, Python and SQL is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing products under design control or cGMP/QSR is a plus.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.