Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle is a global leader in science and technology that serves in the operation and management of leading-edge national laboratories and conducts over $4 billion in annual research and development. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an experienced GeoSpatial Systems Integrator to join Battelle’s Map Based Planning Services (MBPS) Team supporting Army Engineer and Research Development Center (ERDC) priorities. The position will provide technical leadership in systems integration, content management, the use of OGC standards, and optimization of data delivery workflows to GOTS, COTS, and Open-Source GeoSpatial systems. Compensation will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Relocation support is not available.
ERDC conducts geospatial research, development, technology and evaluation of current and emerging geospatial technologies that will help characterize and measure phenomena within the physical (terrain) and social (cultural) environments encountered by the U.S. Army. ERDC also engages in research to support the development of the Army Geospatial Enterprise, as well as develop geospatially-enabled technologies for Joint, other Services (Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard), and Functional Combatant Command (COCOM) supported programs. ERDC research areas and capabilities include terrain analysis and reasoning; passive and active spectral signature analysis; fluorescence; photogrammetry; terrain visualization; precision surveying and mapping; image analysis; data management; geographic information systems; data/image fusion; spatio-temporal reasoning and numerical analysis.
This position requires the selected individual to function in a full-time capacity as a GeoSpatial Systems Integrator in support of Map Based Planning Services (MBPS) and related geospatial science and engineering. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Systems Integration staff to prioritize deployments of new software.
- Provide software demonstrations to Government staff.
- Investigate new geospatial systems to understand capabilities and develop assessment plans.
- Produce technical reports communicating findings/recommendations from assessments.
- Provide systems administration of virtual and physical machines.
- Assist customers with technical requests such as new account generation, how to use virtual machine technology, remote network access, etc.
- Copy and load geospatial data to support demonstrations and assessments.
- Demonstrate workflows for geospatial data preparation, loading, and web services generation from multiple application environments.
- Administer VMWare VCenter environment, physical servers, and attached storage.
- Build new Virtual Machines per customer specifications, apply required IA lockdown procedures, and coordinate with customers for deployment of custom applications.
- Apply software and OS patches to physical and virtual machines to maintain IA compliance.
- Administer in-house Active Directory.
- Assist software developers with administration of web applications and services.
- Final Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- BS in information technology, GIS, or engineering field.
- Security+ Certification.
- The successful candidate will possess strong fundamental systems engineering/analysis skill-sets and competencies. 5-10 years’ experience in Systems Administration/Integration along with working knowledge of GIS.
- In depth understanding of GEOINT capabilities, geospatial forms of content, and how AGC develops and applies GEOINT to its mission.
- Familiarity with the use and capabilities of web services, specifically Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards and ArcGIS web services.
- Experience in process engineering, improvement, and process workflow.
- Working knowledge of Esri technology (Desktop, Server, Portal) is desired.
- Working knowledge of open-source geospatial technology (eg. GeoServer, QGIS).
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Ability to establish effective relationships.
- Ability to develop and present effective technical presentations; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-Starter and self-motivator.
- Familiarity with DoD IA/Cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience with automated OS patching systems such as WSUS and Spacewalk.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers