Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
You will be working as Global HR Business Partner for the Mechanical Power Transmission Division and will be reporting to Division President and functionally to Business Area Head of HR. You will be partnering with the President of the MOPT Division and specific Human Resources (HR) teams to provide consultation and support in the implementation of the people strategy. You will be ensuring the organizations have the people capabilities for delivering present and future business and function goals. You will also be developing and coaching the leaders in the Divisions and act as a change agent for ensuring results are delivered.
- Acting as the strategic and tactical partner to Division leadership teams, participating in the definition of mid- and long-term business objectives and defining the strategic HR priorities for supporting functional strategy in area of responsibility.
- Coaching business leaders on organizational design and participating actively in developing the organization structure and culture.
- Overseeing implementation of all people processes like workforce and capability planning, performance management, talent management, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, remuneration, restructuring and other processes.
- Partnering with other colleagues within HR network for achieving ABB Motion Business Area’s targets through business and HR action plans.
- Understanding current issues that can be supported or resolved through HR practices, processes, or policies and counselling business leadership on the most effective solutions for resolving issues and supporting long-term objectives.
- Leading functional-specific change management initiatives across area of responsibility, supporting leaders, staff and HR colleagues in implementing new initiatives and driving behavioral change.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and HR policies and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and compliance standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, function delivers training programs fitted for business needs and leveraging existing portfolio.
- Defining competencies in cooperation with both Business leaders and HR team in Motion Business Area along with leading team of professionals´ across geography for ensuring the growth of the division through upskilling of organizational competency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HR, whereof at least 5 years in Business HR with significant exposure to diverse cultures.
- Previous experience and transitional leadership related to mergers and acquisitions preferred, including HR related due diligence, integration planning and execution for all M&A transactions.
- Proven success with leadership and people & change management.
- Extensive knowledge of all HR workstreams with expertise in one or more workstreams.
- Strong communication and influencing skill, results focused and actions oriented.
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.
- Working in matrix organizations and influencing without direct reporting lines.
- Practice in building and collaborating with formal and informal networks at all levels of an organization.
- Intercultural sensitivity and experienced in cross-functional, international collaboration and building strong personal networks.
- Action-oriented/Initiative taker, strong attention to detail, able to take ownership.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.