With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Manager, Global Finance Shared Services – Commercial entities
We currently have a vacancy for a Manager in our Global Finance Shared Service overseeing our commercial entities at our site in Liverpool.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the financial reporting activities of the Seqirus commercial entities including the people management of the two Senior Financial Reporting Accountants and two Accounts Assistants. Key part of the role involves process improvement in the key areas of manufacturing processes as they relate to the financial reporting activities.
- Manages day-to-day accounting service activities in accordance with the organization's accounting policies and procedures
- Leads the month end, budget and forecast process for the manufacturing entities.
- People management and objective setting for four direct reports.
- Maintain, reconcile and review account reconciliations, financial statements and reports
- Ensures that transaction entry verification procedures are followed by performing and submitting for review KPIs on journal metrics
- Reviews financial reports and accounting statements for accuracy and ensures activities are completed accurately and on time
- Lead process improvements and consistency in areas of commercial processes as they relate to financial reporting activities.
- Successful candidate will be the key point of contact for the internal and external audit process and support completion of statutory accounts.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in related field desirable
- Professional certification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) preferred
- 5+ years' relevant experience in a multi-national company
- 1-3 years' supervisory or demonstrated leadership experience
- Good Microsoft Office skills – in particular Excel and Word.
- Results orientated and results driven individual who takes ownership and works independently.
- Good communication skills, persuasive, pragmatic and flexible.
- Previous experience of SAP desirable.
- History of process improvement in prior roles.
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS