With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
For our EHS2 department we are looking for a
Global Head of EHS Design, Construction, and Fire/Life Safety (m/f/d)
- Accountable for the development, implementation, and sustainment of Global processes for EHS design review, construction safety, fire/life safety and high hazard operational controls.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Leads and obtains support for the development, implemention and sustainment of a global EHS design review process based on industry best practices to ensure EHS requirements are considered throughout all phases of a project.
- Defines the strategy and leads the implementation of processes to ensure and govern the proper installation of fire and life safety systems according to industry design criteria, local regulations, and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)/IFC/IBC standards.
- Leads the development, implementation and sustainment of a global construction and contractor safety management program.
- Serves as the company expert in Fire/Life Safety requirements providing hands-on support to project design and global insurer requirements and recommendations.
- Collaborates closely with cross-functional and site experts to ensure input and understanding of local requirements and regulations. Support site response, recovery, and investigation of FLS events
- Develops and maintains key partnership relationships with Global Engineering to review, develop and manage global design standards
- Provides input to and ensures the safe design, operation, and management of high hazard systems to ensure safety and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Leads the development and execution of Global Standards to ensure alignment of minimum controls required for high hazard activities
- Conducts audits of high hazard processes and management systems to ensure on-going effectiveness of controls, program conformance, and compliance.
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Engineering or related discipline. Fire Protection and/or other relevant professional certification (CFPS, CSP, ARM) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in EHS in multi-location companies. Prefer a track record in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or life sciences industry. Demonstrated ability to facilitate and implement systems-based thinking approaches globally.
- Well versed in regulations and guiding principles for EHS design and review, construction safety, and fire and life safety.
- Experience in fire and life safety system design, installation, maintenance, commissioning, code enforcement and/or audting.
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and control.
- Expert-level understanding of performance-based and prescriptive fire engineering solutions such as life safety, sprinkler design, & alarm design.
- Detailed knowledge of global process safety (PSM, EPA RMP, and Seveso Directive) regulations.
- Well versed in the management of high-risk hazards such as LOTO, working from heights, confined space, and powered industrial vehicles.
- Experience in implementation of high hazard process design.
- Experience working with a contractor prequalification process.
- Experience with environmental Best Available Techniques (BAT) assessment.
- Excels at the development of clear, concise, and effective policies, standards, and procedures.
- Willingness to travel to sites and provide hands on assistance, perform design reviews, address deficiencies, share practices and rapidly implement global systems.
- Well versed in risk assessment methodologies (ex. PHA, HAZOP, What If, and FMEA).
- Collaborates and influences broadly across multiple sites and levels.