SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. Our Connectivity and Products (C&P) business unit helps our clients to deliver safe, accessible, high-quality goods and services in stores and online, ensure secure connectivity, reduce risk, and build consumer trust.
In order to meet the evolution of the Automotive industry, we are creating a strategic business unit within our Connectivity & Products (C&P) business line that will provide the full range of chemical, mechanical, physical and electronics testing services necessary for the manufacturing of vehicles. Our 'one-stop shop' solution will cover the whole supply chain ranging from materials and components through to vehicle assembly. The GKAM will manage a portfolio of accounts (Automakers and Tier 1 OEMS) and ensure that SGS provide a best-in-class testing and inspection service.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of Global Key Accounts within a region and act as the voice of SGS when talking to the client and the voice of the client within SGS;
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of each account and develop a strategy to identify how to best market SGS services and maximize revenue;
- Maintain a positive and productive business relationship with clients by securing current business, resolving problems and maximizing business opportunities;
- Take full responsibility for the global agreements and contracts that we have in place;
- Be the initial point of contact to the client and coordinate job orders, enquiries and technical exchanges between SGS affiliates, offices and personnel involved in the execution of the contract;
- Attend regular client meetings for marketing purposes, business development, technical governance, performance reviews, resolution of areas of conflict, delivery of invoices and reports;
- Establish and monitor performance against key performance indicators, service level agreements requirements, if applicable, and financial targets;
- Continuously monitor revenue trends to determine areas of weakness and take appropriate actions;
- Ensure prompt resolution of service delivery issues or matters of customer concern to maintain an effective relationship;
- Be abreast of external market developments, relevant legislation and competitor activity to ensure that SGS remains the service provider of choice.
- Educated to degree level in Business Management and / or Engineering in the technical related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a commercial environment of the Automotive sector;
- Knowledge of the testing, inspection and certification (TIC) sector desirable;
- Fluent in English and local / customer language.
This position will be based remotely in the USA.