With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Global Medical Director (GMD) reports to the Global Influenza Portfolio Lead, Medical Affairs (GIPL), and will work with Commercial, Regulatory, Clinical, Policy and Corporate Affairs develop and execute strong strategic medical plans which scientifically differentiate our vaccines.
- Interface with cross functional teams providing medical insight and scientific expertise; participating in key strategic decisions that impact the life cycle planning of our products. The GMD will be the Medical representative on GBSTs and CPTs. The GMD will keep up to date on literature in this field and understand the competitive landscape.
- To develop medical strategies and activities, including publication and conference plans, and implement these in collaboration with regional and country medical leads. To solicit and include regional/country feedback where possible in global deliverables.
- To provide medical expertise and insights to support Regulatory and Clinical teams in regulatory submissions and clinical programs.
- To provide scientific and medical expertise to develop positioning, key messages and Q&A for major milestones and issues and support discussions with government officials and policy makers as required. Medical approval of regulatory, labelling and PVRM documents and MCC process as required.
- To work with regional medical teams to establish and maintain strong relationships with key thought leaders and public health bodies and review IIRs and requests for products for research purposes.
- Under leadership of the GIPL and working with other team members, GMDs will participate in alignment between seasonal and pandemic portfolios.
- To participate in developing and implementing processes and projects within the Portfolio function as part of continuous business improvement and lead and/or contribute to functional projects as required. The GMD will deputise for, and/or represent, the GIPL when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: -
- A degree in medicine or biomedical or allied medical discipline, complemented with post-graduate qualification and experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry field.
- Vaccines and influenza experience an advantage
- Significant medical affairs or related industry expertise with extensive knowledge and experience of product development/life cycle management in relevant therapy area and experience in biologicals.
- Demonstrated ability to provide medical expertise and influence stakeholders
- Ability to establish relationships within Seqirus and externally, including external experts/ KOLS/ healthcare professionals, professional associations and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated sound judgement and flexible approach to managing situations
- Effective delivery of objectives in a complex matrix environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in a cross functional environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactively owns and drives assigned tasks to completion
- Proactively develops solutions and maximises opportunities ahead of time
- Develops effective contingency plans
- Strong negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive and proactive commercial awareness with evidenced application to regulatory strategies
- Demonstrated ability to take measured risks with overall positive outcome for the business
- Strong Collaborator