The Government Underwriter will deal with numbers, calculations and must possess a good auditing and analytical skills including a firm knowledge on math. A good skill in decisions making is also vital since the major of mortgage underwriters are deciding and evaluating whether to approve or deny the client's loan application.
- Review credit documents in accordance to FHA, VA, and USDA/RD guidelines.
- Review borrower's income and assets in accordance to FHA, VA, and USDA/RD guidelines.
- Review subject property title and appraisal in accordance to FHA, VA, and USDA/RD guidelines.
- Must be able to make loan decisions independently (Approve or Decline).
- Sign off on conditions.
- Verify the consistency of information throughout the file
- Utilize FHA Connection, FHA EAD, VA VIP/WebLGY, and GUS to complete, correct, or verify the validity of required forms.
- Complete assigned files within established turn times.
- Maintain communication, and customer service with file contacts throughout the loan process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Based on business needs overtime may be required.
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience as a DE and SAR Underwriter.
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience in FHA and VA.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of current FHA, and VA
- Basic knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the mortgage‐banking industry (i.e. TRID, ECOA, Fair Lending etc.)
- DU/LP/TOTAL Scorecard knowledge required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with brokers.
- 6 months or more experience with USDA/RD is preferred, but not required
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- PTO days in addition to 9 paid company holidays.
- Game room, and creative fun environment.
- Starbucks daily, and many more treats.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.