We are looking for a full-time graphic artist for a Washington, D.C. based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else
The position requires strong creative skills with the ability to create compelling graphics to contribute to our storytelling mission.
Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Work with executive producer and production team to clearly communicate messaging and strategy, planning, and execution for all On-Air elements
- Contribute ideas and notions for spots, menus, bumpers, and other various elements to keep the air lively, fun, and consistent with emerging networks branding look and feel
- Maintain a close view on the TV landscape and graphic trends
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After-Effects, Premiere)
- Knowledge in Cinema 4-D is required
- Mastery of design fundamentals such as composition, color, and typography is a must
- Ability to compose conceptual sketches and storyboards is required
- Must understand multi-pass 3d rendering and post production/compositing in after effects, as well as editing of both audio and video
- Candidate is able to complete projects on their own, but also comfortable delegating production tasks to team members where applicable
- Special projects as assigned
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience at a broadcast station, cable network, multicast network or studio; Internship and/or assistant experience applies
- Complete mastery of After Effects, Plug-Ins, Photoshop, Word, and Excel (3D experience a plus)
- Solid organizational skills and a sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Link to an online demo reel required for consideration
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.