As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a Graphics Manager to join our On-Air Operations team supporting Sinclair’s regional sports networks (RSNs). You will be responsible for overseeing the technical implementation of graphics and tickers for live sports content. You will be the person who ensures we are accurately reporting on relevant information through visuals cues onscreen.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Oversee the team responsible for integration of on-air graphics systems and live playout, including virtual ads and ticker elements
• Provide instructions and oversight to 3rd party service provider(s)
• Check and verify schedules within logs and run sheets for bugs and other graphic elements
• Act as liaison with RSN Graphics Hub, other departments, and vendors to coordinate required graphic inputs including formats, QC, and other deliverables
• Coordinate placement and technical execution of on-air promotions with On-Air Operations department
• Review daily ticker schedules for accuracy
• Keep record of as-ran placement, record and report on any issues
• Establish quantifiable metrics for department
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Identify continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to unlock new possibilities through adoption of new technologies, automation, and digitalization
People Management & Development
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
• Inspire a culture of continuous learning and adoption of digital and emerging technologies
• Champion a differentiated employee experience where people come to follow their passions and grow their career
• Build high-performing, engaged teams as part of the next generation of digital and innovative entertainment
• 3+ years experience in television Master Control, Graphics, Ticker, or related operations
• 5+ years managing graphic, post-production or ticker personnel in a high volume environment and accustomed to uncontrollable last minute deadlines
• Experience with live TV required and sports production preferred
• Demonstrated high level expertise using broadcast graphics software and systems, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Viz RT, Brand Brigade, Chyron and other software used in digital video effects
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.