At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Groundskeeper who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Groundskeeper provides general maintenance of the grounds of the facility to include trash disposal, care and upkeep of the flower beds, cutting, edging, and replacement of grass as needed.
- Provides general routine maintenance of the sprinkler system and other general maintenance duties as needed.
- Inspect and maintain perimeter fence to prevent washouts or other security risks.
- Level and landscape all areas, replace mulch and trees, and seasonally plant flowers and grass as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan or as directed by supervisor.
- Aerate and fertilize grounds and flowers.
- Complete work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship and housekeeping in compliance with building codes, blueprints, manuals, and/or other applicable procedures, standards or specifications.
- Comply with facility purchasing procedures when requesting supplies, equipment, parts and other maintenance materials with the guidelines.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Six months experience in grounds keeping or related field is preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible for state certificate required to use pesticides.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate state credentials.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran