Group Lead Pre-Analytical Ops- Miramar, Florida - Monday-Friday
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
Schedule coordination, general supervision of all Pre-Analytical Assistants, providing input to supervisors for performance review and disciplinary action. May also conduct process and compliance audits. Typically leads 8 - 12 employees. May be responsible for performing all duties listed below in the absence of a supervisor.
Internal candidates for Group Leaders are given first consideration within the Tech Ops or Specimen Processing Department.
- Demonstrates a proficiency and understanding of all job duties in Tech Ops department.
- Trouble shoot complex problems as they apply to their job.
- Familiar with unusual requests, and be able to resolve or refer them appropriately.
- Assist the supervisor(s) in prioritizing work assignments.
- Assures optimum utilization of human resources and that all job responsibilities are addressed for each shift. Including staffing for weekends and holidays.
- Assist the Supervisor(s) in monitoring production and activity of employees in order to meet departmental deadlines.
- Assist the Supervisor(s) in the coaching for improved performance, providing appropriate feedback to all PAA’s and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Assist all PAA’s in proper specimen handling selection, equipment maintenance and problem resolution.
- Answers and clarifies all employee questions (including laboratory personnel) regarding processing. Must be able to work effectively with the technical departments to resolve problems and gain cooperation.
- Provides appropriate feedback to supervisor(s) when problems arise. Make suggestions and recommendations to enhance workflow.
- Completes appropriate shift paperwork, setting up for production, and ensuring their staff has cleaned up at the end of the shift.
- Helps to keep department overtime to a minimum.
- Monitors supply inventory, ordering supplies as needed.
- Repairs and maintains department equipment and notifying appropriate personnel when repairs beyond the general scope are required.
- Assist in or performing all training, cross training and department auditing functions as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- Complies with and assists supervisor(s) in ensuring that all Quest Diagnostics Incorporated and Specimen Processing policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Work night shift with required overtime as well as some weekends.
- 80 % of job duties will be in a production environment.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of how Specimen Processing and Tech Ops impact testing departments and result quality.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must be comfortable answering questions with both internal and external clients.
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously and with multiple interruptions, physical and mental stress
- Maintains composure while working under pressure, and assists department in maintaining productivity and quality goals.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when making decisions on what action to take when resolving problems.
- Diffuses tense situations, separating employees as needed to avoid conflict and notifying a supervisor immediately.
- Works in a biohazard environment, and practice good safety habits.
- MAINTAINS CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES. Will have access to overall employee performance, may have knowledge of disciplinary actions up to, and including termination.
- Demonstrates leadership by example, exhibiting good attendance, good decision-making, and control the socializing among the team.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to adapt to change.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years’ experience in a laboratory environment. Specimen Processing or Tech Ops experience preferred.
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]