Group Lead Referral Testing- Chantilly, Virginia
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Coordinates various aspects of Referral Testing Department, ensuring optimum team performance. Provides leadership to achieve the department's organizational goals. Monitor Quality indicators to ensure excellent customer service and quality patient care. Assume responsibility of Supervisor when the Supervisor is not available.
- Perform all duties of the Referral Representative II.
- Assists supervisor with developing, updating and implementing department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs Competency Testing for Referral Testing employees.
- Ensures department is prepared for internal and external inspections.
- Maintains time keeping records (manual and electronic).
- Pull and monitor departmental statistical reports.
- Assists supervisor with data collection, monitor and posting of Referral Vendor Metrics.
- Monitor and reconcile Exception Logs, send out and result pending lists.
- Complete necessary paperwork to submit requests for new test codes on high volume Wild Codes.
- Communicate with internal and external customers.
- Monitor compliance of government regulations for packing and shipping specimen to other laboratories. Referral staff must adhere to guidelines set to ensure specimen integrity and quality results.
- Assist with direction and monitoring of workflow to meet deadlines, assure departmental coverage. 13. Schedules department personnel.
- Ensure policies, procedures, work assignments, etc. is completed.
- Provide feedback and documentation to Supervisor on employee performance.
- Functions proficiently in any Referral department area.
- Demonstrates leadership quality that provides a positive influence to all team members.
- Alerts the Supervisor and/or Manager of employee or client dissatisfaction through established documentation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicates to the department.
- Handle stressful situations and demonstrate a strong independent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains composure when faced with difficult or unforeseen situations.
- General office skills, Excel and Word Processing skills are required.
- Customer Service skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of medical/laboratory terminology required.
Education and Experience:
- Two years post high school education in science-related field or equivalent.
- Three years medical or clinical laboratory background
- Thorough knowledge of all Client Service, Specimen Processing and Referral Testing department policies.