Group Lead Shipping&Receiving - Indianapolis, IN - Monday-Friday 7:00am - 3:30 pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Responsible for managing the shipping, receiving and routing of materials into and out of the Business Unit (BU), as well as the appropriate documentation and data entry and the supervision of the employees directly involved with these functions. (All the duties of any Shipping/Receiving Clerk(s) I, plus the Supervision of Shipping Receiving Clerk I and Warehouse Clerk(s)).
- Manage the Receiving, inspection, verification, processing and routing of all materials into the facility and off-site facilities, and entry of the receipts in the Materials Management software system.
- Schedule and supervise the employees directly responsible for shipping/receiving as well as the warehouse clerks.
- Notify the Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies of materials versus shippers documentation.
- Prepare shipments, including documentation, for outbound shipments.
- Manage the Returned Goods process according to the Returned Goods SOP.
- Deliver stock to the appropriate staging area for departments.
- Put warehoused item in the designated storage areas and rotate stock according to receipt date and expiration dates to ensure proper stock rotation and use prior to expiration.
- Note any short dated materials upon receipt (less than 30 days of shelf life) and report to the Warehouse Manager to determine any possible actions that may need taken.
- Assist in cycle count and full physical inventory.
- Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, Compliance, OSHA, CLIA, etc. policies and procedures.
- Analyze current procedures in place and make recommendations for process improvements to the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist in order entry, picking, packing and delivery of both internal and external orders as needed.
- Assist in record storage and retrieval process as needed.
- Assist in preparation, receipt and distribution of internal, inbound and external mail as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Ability to operate a computer, printer and bar code scanner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) pounds
- Ability to operate materials handling equipment as needed (fork lift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED, preferably an Associate’s degree or higher, specializing in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar course work.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous materials management experience, preferably in a Supervisory/Managerial role.
- Forklift certification desired
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive motor vehicle (non-commercial truck, van, car) as required
- APICS certification desired.