Job Description Summary
Responsible for training and coaching the reception staff and facilitating efficient donor flow through the center. Additional duties include registration of qualified, applicant and transfer donors. Possesses a general knowledge of the plasma pheresis operation.
1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor’s hematocrit and total protein levels.
2. May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
3. Educates new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
4. Answers the telephone and assists in providing appropriate information to the caller.
5. Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction a donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
6. Maximizes donor flow by allocating staff and resources to appropriate center area or task.
7. Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOP and Plasma Operating Procedures (POP). Resolves calibration issues. Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
8. Provides guidance and technical training on processes and procedures to reception staff and other staff as required.
9. Supports center management by providing input into staff scheduling, and resolves minor donor relations and technical procedure issues. Refers employee relations issues to center management staff.
10. Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in SOPs.
11. Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
12. Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
14. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
15. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
16. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 18 months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in health care of plasma collection environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens.
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings.
If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!