The award winning Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines is looking for a Guest Service Agent to join their front office team! With recent awards, we are able to illustrate that Hilton is the #1 Best Company to Work for in the U.S.! Come join us for our next 100 years!
For qualifying individuals, we offer benefits including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401k (+company match), an extensive PTO (paid time off) plan, AMAZING travel discounts, meal plans while you work...and much more!
- Earn a competitive wage of $15.25 per hour.
- 1 year of previous customer service experience, required.
- Must be able to operate a computer, telephone, fax, copier, and/or other office equipment.
- 1 year of experience in similar hotel/resort setting, preferred.
- **This position requires FULL availability to work Monday-Sunday, days, nights, weekends and holidays**
What will I be doing?
As a Guest Services Agent, you would be responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
- Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
Apply now! We look forward to your application.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Our guests already know Hilton is a great place to stay. Now, with recent awards, we are able to illustrate how great Hilton is to work!
#1 - Best Company to Work for 2019
#1 - Best Workplaces for Parents 2018
#1 - Best Workplaces for Diversity 2018
#2 - World's Best Workplaces 2018
Hilton takes great pride in achieving the title of Great Place to Work in over 13 countries worldwide. In 2019, Hilton made history as the first hospitality company to be ranked #1 on the Fortune Best Companies to Work For in the US! Come join us for our next 100 years of Hilton hospitality!