Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
The Guest Service Attendant will greet and orient arriving patients, visitors, employees, and guest cordially providing personalized services that create a memorable experiences at Pottstown Hospital.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:00pm and Every Other Weekend 7:00am-3:30pm
- Provide timely and efficient information and directions to any
- Verifying identification and distributing hospital identification badges
- Direct and assist patients and visitors as needed
- Assist in dispensing parking information
- Report and document incidents
- Ensure satisfactory safety standards
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (Preferred)
Experience and Skills
- 1-3 Years Customer Service Experience (Required) - Hospital Customer Service Experience (Preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct to accomplish the coordination and decision-making responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of basic computer/typing/keyboarding skills.
- Excellent customer services skills required including the ability to work with families under stress.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of computer programs, including word processing, database management, and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as well as the privacy needs of families and patients.
- Ability to use and recognize medical terminology.