High School Diploma or equivalent required.
§ Minimum Five (3) years of manufacturing background as a quality assurance inspector.
§ Prefer two (2) years in Aerospace industry.
§ Part inspection per AA9102
§ Experience using a wide range of inspection equipment, including a CMM.
§ Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel..
§ Proficient CMM Programming skills including PCDMIS and Calpyso
§ Experience using a wide range of inspection equipment and skilled in mechanical inspection and fundamental layout techniques.
§ Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints, engineering drawings
§ Ability to pass a required annual vision test.
§ Ability to utilize various measuring devices such as: Micometers, Calipers, Gauges, and Magna-mics.
§ Ability to perform First Piece inspection using CMM’s
§ Ability to pay exceptional attention to detail and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks effectively under deadline pressures while following direction and completing assignments accurately and on time.
§ Ability to plan and perform difficult work processes.
§ Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all level’s employees.
§ Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
§ Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment
§ Strong organizational skills.
§ Ability to meet output requirements
The position of Inspector A in Final Inspection is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. The division is a fast-paced operations and manufacturing environment. The incumbent’s main focus will be to perform final inspection checking and verification of dimensions of manufactured parts.
Duties and Responsibilities
§ Inspect manufactured parts at the in-process and final inspection stage utilizing various measuring devices, such as CMM, micro-calipers, gauges, magna-mic, etc. per customer specifications.
§ Perform visual inspections on all parts to identify any blemishes and work with Engineers in determining any non-conformances of parts and/or processes.
§ Interpret blueprints and IMS sheets to follow specifications of general dimensions and tolerance.
§ Assists in the gathering and analysis of in-process and final inspection data.
§ Performs first-article inspections.
§ Design fixtures and program the trim for the parts per the customer specifications through engineered drawings using Cenit and Catia software.
§ Use and interpret complicated prints, drawings and process sheets, as well as, work with engineers in design and changes to fixtures.
§ Utilize measuring tools to verify trim and measurements of fixture and part designs when created.
§ Learns and adheres to required safety and housekeeping standards and practices.
Essential Functions of Position
- Should have verbal and written skills to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Should possess the ability to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to train others on processes and make corrections on complex issues.
- Must possess good verbal communication skills to effectively communicate instructions, concepts and solutions to all levels of employees, suppliers and customers.
- Use considerable initiative to plan and perform unusual and difficult work processes to achieve outcomes.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, problem solving and organizational skills.
Scheduling and Planning
- Must be able to schedule and organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be able to handle multiple tasks effectively while completing assignments accurately and on time.
- Must be able to access and maneuver the manufacturing floor.
- Makes many decisions having a high impact.
- Governed by procedures, objectives and policies with both an internal and external impact
- Focuses on daily problems with little or no supervision.
- Work to meet specifications and conformity with all requirements
Standing 25 % of time Climbing 0 % of time
Walking 10 % of time Stooping 10 % of time
Sitting 70 % of time Kneeling 0 % of time
Lifting 30 Pounds Reaching 0 % of time
Carrying 30 Pounds Handling 100 % of time
Pushing 50 Pounds Balancing 0 % of time
Pulling 50 Pounds Fingering 0 % of time