As a Research Associate you will be
and assisting with general data collection processes to gather contact,
availability and healthcare information from identified websites and
reference materials in order to appropriately respond to basic client and
member questions in regards to healthcare related matters
role supports the Customer Service team with detailed information about
health providers and health plans. Health Advocate provides training, you
supply the willingness to learn
identify, and document primary care physicians’, dentists’, and
specialist’s information into the department database to ensure accurate
material is available to clients and members
will include navigating insurance websites
and developing basic understanding of the department information system,
researching member’s questions and answers, validating resources for
information collection, and following established policies and procedures
Essential Job Functions
Applicants for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Degree or GED required
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service role, ideally related to a healthcare environment is preferred
- Minimum one year experience utilizing general office equipment such as a phone and computer is preferred
- Previous experience compiling data and creating reports is preferred
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong ability to explain complex issues to members in simple, understandable terms
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong problems solving/issue resolution skills
- Excellent customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
A successful incumbent in the job will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
West is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
Health Advocate, a subsidiary of West Corporation, is the nation’s leading health care advocacy and assistance company, serving more than 9,000 clients and nearly 24 million people across the country. The company offers a range of personalized services to help employees and their families navigate the complex health and insurance systems. The ultimate goal is to help improve employee health care outcomes while simultaneously reducing medical expenditures.
We connect. We deliver. We are West.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don't forget to join our online talent community and "Like" West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees!