Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Job Summary:The Human Resources Generalist will be the professional who supports supervisors and managers regarding HR related questions and situations and provides guidance and counsel. In addition you will be responsible for helping to guide and administer human resources policies and procedures, collecting and analyzing HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. to determine improvements and report to management.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for company personnel; contributes to the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Responds to all human resources related questions and issues from employees. Will be responsible for conduct investigations in the workplace as assigned by HRBP and legal.
- Responsible for the new hire onboarding process, ensures all new hire documents are completed and in compliance with USCIS I-9 form.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee corrective actions. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Responds to unemployment claims, including attending unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Partners with HRIS staff to update, monitor and maintain eligible approved adjustments.
- Handles job change requests. Prepares and submits HRIS change form and analyses reports from the database.
- Manages exit interview process with departing employees.
- Partners with HR Coordinator to maintain records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Maintains compliance with Employee Handbook, federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to employment.
- Manages annual training requirements via learning management system for all employees.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans; reviews benefits with employees.
- Partners with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure all recruiting related needs are executed for the field leadership.
- Prepares HR metric related reports to senior HR management members.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.