The Human Resource Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment, affirmative action and compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, maintaining programs involving leave administration, workplace safety, compliance training, and learning and development
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all payroll functions and wage and hour laws
- Process payroll and ensure timely receipt of paychecks
- Set up new hires, post changes to current employees and process termination paperwork
- Coordinate calendars and meetings and keep updated employee directories
- Assist with staff events and meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.