For over 80 years, Segal has been a leader in organizational and human resource consulting. Our clients are employers and plan sponsors of all sizes covering millions of employees in dozens of industries.
As an independent privately and employee-owned firm, we have a relentless commitment to the success of our people, clients and company. Our mission is simple: We deliver trusted advice that improves lives. As a part of our team, you will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, experts and...nice. Headquartered in New York, Segal has offices throughout the US and in Canada. We believe that a collaborative and diverse workforce best meets the needs of our business and clients, so we offer competitive pay and benefits that attract the best in our field.
Our Human Resources Department (National Office) is searching for an HR Senior Associate - Benefits/Data Analytics (26ldquo;Senior Associate26rdquo;). The role is currently remote but will be based in our New York City office.
The Senior Associate reports to the Vice President and Director of Employee Benefits, primarily providing support to Employee Benefits. They will provide back-up support to the HR Compensation Administrator and support the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) on ad hoc data gathering, analysis and reporting activities. The Senior Associate may be asked to support other HR areas (i.e., Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development) on a task or project basis as needed.
Support employee benefits administration activities to include data analysis and reporting utilizing the Oracle HRIS/Benefits system and benefit vendor partner systems; prepare and process invoices; process wellness program reimbursements; audit and process employee benefit events; manage employee benefit updates and beneficiary designations in systems; gather information for audits; provide excellent customer service to employees with benefit inquiries.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support for Leave of Absence administration, to include all related tasks.
- Provide back-up to the HR Compensation Administrator on compensation activities to include: payroll processing; data requests and analytics; support RFP workforce analysis and Affirmative Action reporting; audit activities;
- Support the CHRO and other HR team members on formal and ad hoc projects that involve researching, compiling, analyzing, and organizing the myriad of HR, business data and other information for reporting and/or presentation purposes to include creating reports and/or presentations.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, business or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of HR experience in relevant generalist roles within a professional services firm and/or progressive corporate environment.
- Employee benefits administration and HR System data management.
- Experience in conducting research, data gathering and analysis, and reporting to include designing and creating dashboards, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications and software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills. They take the initiative to determine what needs to be done, when, by whom and why. They are detail-oriented and effective at handling multiple priorities. They have high integrity, with the ability to handle confidential/sensitive information and exercise good judgment in all decision-making.
They have a strong customer service orientation, carrying out assigned tasks and projects in accordance with established Company standards, principals, policies and procedures governing quality and work product outcomes. They work cooperatively with others both inside and outside of the unit.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.