The ideal candidate will have construction background.
• Responsible for processing all HR transactions
• Providing a world-class new hire on-boarding experience
• Completing paperwork with all new hires and maintaining current and former employee personnel files
• Assist with health benefits administration, managing billing and federal reporting, serving as a point of contact for employee inquiries, and assisting with renewals and open enrollment.
- Process high volume bi-weekly payroll
- Process monthly bonuses
- Process all termination and retroactive payroll
- Heavy use of Excel for reporting, payroll uploading and importing into QuickBooks
- Prepare and post payroll journal entries, 401(k) contribution submissions and complete various state reporting requirements
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts after every pay-period
- Monitor time keeping software to ensure managers are approving time
- Complete Certified Payroll Reports (as needed)
Qualifications and Education
- 5-8 years of HR experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Certified payroll processing experience
- Extensive Excel software knowledge - including pivot tables and formatting for data uploads
- QuickBooks Accounting software - knowledge IIF file importing
- Familiar with the state payroll laws
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.